Join us for the first in a six-part series offered to staff and trainers as part of our ongoing commitment to professional development.
Workshop Title: Understanding Your Duties: Child Abuse Mandated Reporter Training
Presenter: Child & Family Well-Being Department, Office of Child Safety, County of San Diego.
Date: January 25, 2024
Time: 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Location: Cocino del Charro Conference Room, 890 W. Valley Parkway, Escondido, CA 92025
Course Description: This workshop reviews the responsibilities of a mandated reporter of child abuse or neglect in California, as well as examine the categories of “child abuse” and “neglect” as defined in the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA). Common questions and misconceptions regarding CANRA and reporting procedures as required by the Act are reviewed.
Instructor Information: Presented by the Child & Family Well-Being Department, Office of Child Safety, County of San Diego.
- Participants will understand the definitions of child abuse, maltreatment, and mandated reporting.
- Participants will know how to recognize the signs of potential abuse or maltreatment in the children they serve.
- Participants will define reasonable suspicion in the context of California child abuse reporting.
- Participants will improve their understanding of the definitions provided in the Child Abuse Reporting and Neglect Act for each of the categories of abuse and neglect.
- Participants will understand their responsibilities as mandated reporters in California and know the process for when and how to make such reports.
Once registered you will receive a confirmation email with a complete course outline.
Networking Reception to follow, 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm.